January 03, 2005

JUST SHUT UP

WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!

Such words were uttered.. nay, screeched, over my Xbox Live headset a few days ago. This followed a discussion with Kyle, who, at the other end of the line, seemed to share my feelings for the Insane Clown Posse. I wasn't yelling at him, no. I was simply restating an imagined lyric from an imagined Insane Clown Posse song. This much I was able to construct after gathering my thoughts concerning the dynamic duo, which were birthed from little more than the only time we had crossed paths: I once saw a full page magazine ad for their (at the time) latest album. It was an especially cheery ordeal -- a close-up headshot of one of the members of ICP, a "fat guy in clown make-up" to quote AMG AllMusic. This fellow, whose name we later narrowed down to be either Violent J or Shaggy 2 Dope (thanks, internet) held a rusty dagger to his unfurled tongue, perhaps as an act of teenage defiance he had waited until his early 30s to portray.

Thus was born our mock Insane Clown Posse anthem:

/ I'VE GOT A RUSTY KNIFE! (LOOK!)
/ IT'S ON MY TONGUE! (FUCK!)
/ HEY, LOOK! (ONLY FOR THE JUGGALOS!)
/ JUST SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU! (unintelligible)

These guys are the coolest. It takes a special kind of artist to perform a song entitled "I Stab People". It takes an even more special type of person to do this while dressed as a clown from the chin up.

and i'm reelin'; yeah i'm reelin'

No comments: