November 15, 2005

Zibbudie Babbuhl goes to the Army

So, I took my Army physical test today, and a few cool things happened.

I sit down on a bench waiting for this whole shindig to unfurl, i'm pretty damn nervous, I grab at my left wrist, trying to stabilize it, I know there's going to be the hand-grip test, and I know i'm going to fail it, when suddenly I hear a door open.

"Adam!!" I hear, I look up, it's my old friend from Basic, 2lt.Demers, I haven't seen him in almost 2 years, turns out he's deploying alongside the RMR in May for afghanistan, so he's has to do the test, so it's me and him, a former Combat Engineer and a Engineer officer with a bunch of RMR reservists doing a physical test.

we were getting ready to do the running test and we get a visit from one of the Padre's on base, he's in his vestments and such, shaking our hands giving us his blessing, when he strips his vestments off and he's wearing PT gear, the Padre says he's gonna run the PT test with us, and 10$ says he's going to win, we all throw in the money, there's about 120$ sitting on a table, and I could really use 120$.

Now, this Padre was crazy, like, fucking crazy, I don't know why he's a Padre, he could easily be a soldier, he looked about 160lbs, shaved head to the bear of his skin, and a tattoo on the side his head of the Canadian forces emblem.

We all got on our respective starting marks, and the test started, I must have ran for what seemed like an hour, it was actually about 7-8 minutes, I ran 6+ km's, whil I stopped, I looked at the Padre, he was reaching level 13 in the test, without even garnering a sweat, it must be the shaved head, suffice it to say, the Padre came out of that contest 120$ richer, the test official told us that the Padre in question was a champion Canadian Forces: Great Freedom runner, it's like the biggest marathon in all of the Canadian Forces, so the Padre comes back into the room, gives us all our money back, and says to never trust a man of faith, at least where gambling is concerned.

I just thought the whole thing was funny.

GIS for today is: Padre


-Kyle Out
I know what you're feeling now..heartache...

No comments: