August 12, 2005

The Best Game Award goes to--!


Resident Evil 4

"This game is going to be tits on glass."- pfunk


Kyle - This game is the epiphany of control perfection, I remember seeing the various commercials and hype this game generated, I knew I had to play it, it took a long time to finally procure the game in our Zibbudie Babbuhl Hands, but we did it, and boy howdy did we love it. Every facet of this game screams perfection, the story, the setting, the enemies, never have I had such an exhilarating time playing a game, from beginning to end, it truly is the greatest of this generation, this game will remain intransigent in Gamecube's history as it's greatest and bloodiest game. Who says Nintendo is just for kids?

Jems - Upon seeing the image of a man being ripped at the seams by a chainsaw-wielding maniac with a potato bag over his head, I knew this game would be something special. When the game was announced, a forum frequented by characters Kyle and I now know all too well was ablaze with hype. One of these characters, a man known as pfunk, posted the above image with his now infamous presumption. Fast forward a year or so, with Kyle reminding himself and I that we must play this game. We decided to give it a rental, and we played it long and hard, enamored by its fluid controls, vivid graphics, and impeccable, perfectly realized vision of zombie ass-kicking. Long after Kyle had gone home, long after the rental period and two seasons had passed, I was still playing this game, with my father pumping his fist and yelling things like "SHOTGUN TIME!" and "Get that fucker, make sure he's down," whirling on a swiveling office chair as he went. It is my great pleasure to award Resident Evil 4 Zibbudie Babbuhl's Best Game Award. You earned it, you crazy Japanese vendors of violence.

Andre - Let me make something clear: I am a Nintendo hater. Don't ask me why, I can't explain. Yet, miracle of miracle, this game reached through my jaded loathing, grabbed my cerebullum and shook me like I was paint. It made me twitch. That is not a common thing. Technically, it's beatiful: the graphics are crisp and detailed, the controls responsive and the gameplay raw fun. I can see no major flaws, and I'm a harsh critic. A well placed shotgun blast, exploding heads, and I'm in Nirvana. I still hate Nintendo, but I LOVE this game. Hence, Best Game. Now, time to cap some fools with a Shotgun...

Tomorrow: The Paragon of Zibbudie Babbuhl Award!

No comments: